Congratulations Kyra! We have only known you for a couple of months but it seems like we’ve known you for years! Your journey in just a few short months is an inspiration to us all. We can’t wait to see what the future has in store for you.
Here are a few Q&As we did with Kyra!
1) How did you start CrossFit?
I didn’t like the gym I was in and would only go twice a week. I left to have knee surgery in February, and Henry said I should try CrossFit. I haven’t looked back since J
2) How has CrossFit helped you outside of the gym?
I’m so much happier, more confident and have much more energy.
3) If you could give someone new a piece of advice as to getting started at Firewall, what would it be?
JUST DO IT! Hardest part is walking through the door at the beginning, but I’ve found that I don’t feel good when I miss a day. Yes, even thought I complain my way through class, I absolutely love it!
4) What is your favorite part about CrossFit Firewall?
THE PEOPLE!!! Seriously, I have never met a nicer, more supportive bunch of people. Bucky and Dave, you guys are legends and make me laugh everyday (which helps me get through class).
5) What is your proudest achievement since starting CrossFit?
I have so many achievements as I’d been told years ago after many, many surgeries that I’d never do squats or anything with weights again! But I think my biggest achievement is actually running as I was literally terrified (I know it sounds crazy) of even running 200m. Before, I couldn’t do it without taking a break but now I’m ‘ALMOST’ enjoying it.
6) Who would you recommend CrossFit to?
Anyone who’ll listen! Seriously, I have verbal diarrhea when talking about CrossFit. I just got the barrista from my local Starbucks to join the other day!
7) Do you have an athletic background?
Athletic? Well if you consider sitting on the back of a horse athletic then yea. I represented Ireland on the equestrian team in Europe for 6 years and also played field hockey throughout school.
8) If you could meet one person currently walking the planet, who would it be and why?
Probably my birth mum to thank her. I was 5 days old when I was adopted, and I would just love her to know that I couldn’t have wished for better parents. I had a fantastic childhood.