Here’s a little Q&A we got to do with Julie:
1. How long have you been CrossFitting for, and how did you get started?
I got started after having my first daughter. I was bored running on the treadmill and lifting my 10lbs free weights and wasn’t seeing the results I wanted. I had a couple friends who had done CrossFit and encouraged me to join. I’ve gone on and off between kids the past 5 years.
2. What is your favorite part about CrossFit Firewall?
The people are amazing. We just moved to Holliston this summer and everyone has been so nice and welcoming! Bucky and Dave are great. They know when to push you to do more and when you need to take it easy. I’ve been able to see bigger improvements in my fitness levels from previous boxes because of their coaching and encouragement.
3. What piece of advice would you give someone who is thinking about trying out CrossFit?
Just try it! CrossFit really is for all fitness levels. If you are consistent and put the work in, results happen really fast and you’ll feel so good!
4. Have you found CrossFit to impact your life outside of the gym? If so, how?
Yes, definitely. CrossFit has given me more energy and helped to manage my stress levels.
5. Do you have a favorite class to attend?
My favorite class is noon. I love the group of people and it’s a nice mental break in the middle of the day.
6. What are some results you’ve seen in yourself since starting at CrossFit Firewall?
I’ve noticed myself getting stronger and have more confidence in the Olympic lifts.
7. What do you hope to accomplish in 2018 inside and outside of the box?
Inside the box, my goals are to stay consistent with showing up and continue to increase my fitness level. Outside of the box, I want to make lots of time to have fun with my family/friends and learn to play golf.
8. If you only had one food to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Potatoes – prepared any way.
9. What has been your favorite TV series to binge watch?
I loved Stranger Things and Shark Tank reruns.