Congratulations to Sandra, our March Athlete of the Month!! Check out the Q&A below to find out more about this awesome woman!
1. How did you first hear about CrossFit and why did you decide you wanted to join a CrossFit gym?
I first heard about CrossFit at the gym where my girls do gymnastics. I have always been a runner, but I have never done any strength training. CrossFit was a way to improve my strength and also push myself to do something I’ve never done before.
2. How long have you been CrossFitting for?
Just over 5 months.
3. What is your favorite part about CrossFit Firewall?
Definitely the people!! The coaches and the community are all so amazing, encouraging, and supportive. It is such a happy, welcoming place!
4. What has been the biggest change you’ve seen in yourself outside of the gym since joining?
I can’t stop talking about CrossFit. I tell everybody about CrossFit and I try to get everyone I know to do CrossFit. It has become a bit of an obsession!
5. If you could give advice to someone on the fence about inquiring about joining a CrossFit gym, what would it be?
Just go and try it out! CrossFit is for people of all levels and ages. Everything can be modified to fit your skill level and ability. It is about self-improvement and you getting better, stronger and more fit.
6. How has CrossFit affected your life outside the gym?
I definitely feel stronger both mentally and physically. I track all of my workouts and can see the progress I have made which is so motivating! CrossFit has become a regular part of my life and I am always trying to plan it into my schedule to make sure I can get there as often as possible.
7. How many times a week do you come to CrossFit Firewall? Do you wish you could come more?
I try to go five times a week, but I wish I could go every day!
8. Where is your dream vacation, and have you ever been there before?
I really want to go to the Maldives before they are completely submerged and no longer exist. I have never been but time is ticking!
9. What is your favorite Disney movie?
I have to go with Frozen because of the strong portrayal of the bond between sisters. I have a sister that I know I can count on for anything and I hope my 3 girls have that strong and supportive sister relationship to count on throughout their lives. We also have spent countless hours singing “Let It Go” at the top of our lungs so there is that as well.
10. What is your favorite super hero movie?
Wonder Woman because I grew up watching Wonder Woman and wanted to be like her. I’m so happy to see here back as a role model for the girls today. I also must admit that I am a big Thor fan as well.